TNT. Really.

Yes, I have put my fingers to work on some cross-stitch.  Though it isn't finished, the message is most likely clear.  (Hint: it's from Subversive Cross-Stitch, so you know it's a little saucy.)

The issue with my fingers being the fingers they are is that, on most things, I lead with my middle finger. (That is NOT meant to be saucy.)  Gripping a pencil/pen/marker/crayon, the pressure is with that finger, with the index finger "only" second.   (Writing tools lay on my ring finger, with my middle finger on top.) Same with a crochet hook, or any kind of stitching needle.  Knitting, I wrap with my index, so the middle bears all the weight of a needle.  My middle finger, therefore, gets quite tired and painful, and my index finger doesn't have as much strength with which to back it up.

At any rate, that's the cross-stitch, I finished my garter stitch snood, and cast on for a pair of socks.  I spent quite a bit of time Saturday making bracelets;  some beaded,

 some rubber band, 

and some crocheted floss

For the life of me, I cannot get the hang of braiding floss into bracelets.  What's the saying about old dogs and new tricks?

Comments

Araignee said…
I love that sampler. It pretty much sums up my whole existence. The bracelets are beautiful. I do love a good jingly one.
Delighted Hands said…
The bracelets are pretty!

Popular posts from this blog

Nice Day

Boogity, Boogity, Let's Get This Thing Started!