If You Don't Like Spiders, Scroll On

 Taking Tap out this morning, he noticed, and tried to play with, a spider at the door.  Very Buddhist of me, I picked it up with a baby wipe and took it outside with us.  Back inside, I Googled and found it was probably a grass spider.  Also on the picture identification chart, though, was

Come on --- how cute is that?  Even the little head tilt!  This is a jumping spider, and jumping spiders are kind of amazing.  Look them up.  They can have blue and green eyes, not just black.

They're polite.  They will wave hello.  They will raise their hand if they have a question.


They can be curious.  Or maybe a little scared.

But mainly they can jump.
Like 50 times the length of their bodies.  With what have been described as "hydraulic" legs.  Amazing.





Comments

Araignee said…
What a cutie! After we remodeled our bathroom I found the biggest spider I've ever seen wandering around in the new tub. No idea how it got there. We re-homed it safely but every night-and it's been almost 10 years, I still check for spiders in the tub before I turn the water on.
Kim in Oregon said…
Just no. Note to self: listen to twinnie when she says to scroll on.
Delighted Hands said…
cute on the screen--not so cute in my house! lol

Popular posts from this blog

Nice Day

Boogity, Boogity, Let's Get This Thing Started!