Just Waiting to Fall

I have been awake since 4:30 yesterday afternoon.  These stretches of insomnia almost always come on Thursday nights.  Therapy, of course, is on Friday, so there may be a connection there.

I replaced my sunflowers with these dark purple tulips,

which I do enjoy.

I've got some wildflower seeds which I'm going to scatter over some bald spots in the yard.  I ordered a lavender tree, which I hope to plant by the front porch.  Why I'm interested in seeds and planting all of a sudden is anyone's guess.  Oh, and I got a baby air plant.  Did you know they're called pups?  I have a small conch shell I may put it in, or a really pretty piece of glass that is part of something that I don't know.  I want to say it was involved in a tea set somehow?  Anyway, I've given it its submerge bath, and we'll see what happens.  I've never understood how air plants survive, much less reproduce.


Comments

Delighted Hands said…
Sorry about the insomnia--always a curse. The Spring calls for our inner gardener to come out!
Araignee said…
I confess to enjoying a bout of insomnia from time to time. It's like gifted hours when I'm not expected to be doing anything productive. I wasn't a fan when I worked though. There's nothing worse than trying to get to sleep when you know you have to be up in a few hours to face the DC Beltway traffic.

Popular posts from this blog

Lucy? Luna? Where Are You?

And It Has Been Eaten