Worrying

Maddie back to the vet this morning, after not eating much at all over the weekend.  I did get half a tube of a lickable treat into her at 5 this morning.

We were put in the purple room, so I had pretty walls to look at.


She wasn't happy with any of it.

She has lost weight, her blood sugar was high (duh --- no insulin.)  Plus, she had a very ugly, loose tooth.  This may partially explain her not eating and her general unhappiness.

Pulled the tooth, gave her antibiotics for that, gave her fluids, an appetite stimulant, and told me that if she eats to give her half her regular dose of insulin.

I got her to lick some lickable tuna off my fingers, she gave dry food a little try, but I can't tell that the appetite stimulant is powerful enough.  Or maybe not powerful yet?  I'm to give some of it to her the next three days.

Another phone consult tomorrow.




Comments

Dee said…
Sending good vibes to your sweet kitty. Hope she is feeling better soon.
Kim in Oregon said…
Ooof the toof. Hopefully this is just a woeful convergence and each thing will straighten out. Sending good cat vibes to Maddy.

Popular posts from this blog

Look. . .