Saturday, July 9, 2022

That Contest I Told You About

 See, I didn't forget.

~~~ The 2000 Contest ~~~

Eleven posts ago, I wrote my 2000th post.  In acknowledgment of that feat, here's what you can do to win some prizes:

If you could have 2000 of anything, what would it be?

Now, I'm ruling out "dollars" right away.  Anything else, though, is fair game.  I will choose the winner using a random number generator, having numbered your posts as they come in.  You have one week to respond with your answer in the Comments section.

I do ask that you, if you would, tell others about the contest.  I'm also going to need you to do that when Knitters' Companion comes around.  Since I've left Facebook, I can't reach as many people to be entrants.

Give all this some thought, will ya?  I'll give you my answer to the question next time.




7 comments:

Mereknits said...

This is so much fun. I'd like to say 2000 balls of yarn but I might have close to that already. I would like 2000 hours of paid work. I am a contract employee so I do not get sick time, holidays or time off at all. 2000 hours of pay would be an amazing gift.

kmkat said...

2,000 friends? That might be too ambitious for this introvert. 2,000 cats? I cannot do that to Smokey, He Who Changes The Litterboxes. 2,000 dogs? We have already decided that 3 is just right and perhaps even a bit too many. Oh, I know! 2,000 Mini-Magnum bars! That would be roughly a 3-year supply!

Anonymous said...

Like Meredith, I'd like 2,000 balls of yarn but I probably have that already. I'd like 2,000 hours of free cleaning/housework so I can do as I please. Mary S.

Kim in Oregon said...

I'll take 2000 hours of guaranteed good sleep.

Lora said...

I’d like 2000 paid vacation hours. I currently get just 19 days per year - not even remotely enough for all the traveling I want to do!

Vera said...

Oh I love the idea of 2,000 hours of good skeep. 2,000 balls of yarn is so tempting, but where would I put them? How about 2,000 yards of beautiful yarn?

kathy b said...

2,000 . I would say 2000 flowers Perinniels. I have so much more to plant!!!!

The Shared Experience

When my college roommate knit her first scarf, it was a super-long Dr. Who number, all in garter.  She was so proud;  I was proud of and hap...