Saturday, June 18, 2022

Baby Girl is Thirty, But. . .

 Yeah, I had nice knitting lunch.

BLT on rye, with my Dr Pepper just out of camera range.


Then, Hannah called with the news that her best friend, in town for her birthday, tested positive for COVID today.  So our trip to birthday-see her tomorrow is off, to be rescheduled.  . . later. 

I'm disappointed, of course, and she's the same.  As the mom, I want to get there and help if she needs me, but she may not need a thing.  And if she did, she wouldn't let me in the door.  

Life, huh?


3 comments:

Kim in Oregon said...

Oh I hope Hannah stays well, but what a shit show Covid is.

Mereknits said...

So sorry to hear this. Both my older boys got it months ago, they were double vaccinated at the time but still got pretty ill. So many people have it in Florida it is crazy, stay safe!

kmkat said...

Love the lion photo!

What I Heard

For (probably) longer than I should have, I thought that piece of furniture was a "chester drawers." I once went bed frame shoppin...