Wednesday, February 19, 2020

While I Was Away

Well, I haven't actually been away --- I've been running the contests, but I've been away from regular programming.

Firstly, Vicki suggested a solution to the Rickman and Hepburn always win dilemma.  I had actually thought of it, too.  They will both be held out of the contests from now on.  We love them, and we want to knit with/for/next to them, but other people deserve a chance.

Hepburn will be going into the Hall of Fame.  Rickman is already there.

I turned 60 during all this.  I am quite distressed at that.  It is the first age that has bothered me in any way, and it is bothering me in every way.  To the point that I can't even think about it without being overwhelmed.

It snowed here one day.  Really came down, and was just spectacular, but it didn't stick for very long.  

I've been watching a lot of movies lately, mostly my own DVDs that I haven't watched in a while.  "The Hunt for the Wilderpeople,"
"The Visitor," "Enough Said," "Mr. Pip," "You Kill Me," "The Young Visiters," "State of the Union," "The Zookeeper."  Reading a Jim Henson biography and drinking lots of tea.  So many online tea stores sell samples, which means I can try lots of flavors without lots of money.  And still knitting wraps.






4 comments:

Bridget said...

Sorry your birthday is upsetting you, that's hard to deal with. Oh well, I love you no matter what.xoxoxo

Vicki Knitorious said...

I'm gonna be 62 this year and I just keep thinking, REALLY??? But mostly, I try not to think about it much and just keep moving/going/doing.

Lorette said...

It's weird. Turning those milestone ages hasn't bothered me, but it did when my oldest sister turned 70, same when John did. I'll be 64 this year, and I'm really OK with that.
I was going to suggest an "emeritus" list of sorts for the previous winners to give someone else a chance.

kathy b said...

Keep knitting Kim. It is okay to have a hard time with a birthday. I keep googling that lady who is swimming and breaking records at 97. That helps me. She didn't start until she was 70. That's even better!

Oh My Goodness

 My daughter just sent me to the  American Dream Nut Butter  site. (She has always been able to discover THE coolest things.)  On a lark, I ...