Wednesday, November 20, 2019

A Lesson

Well, you talk about not having pictures, and bam, you get an opportunity to take pictures.
This is me at the dentist today.  For several weeks, I've had a painful back tooth, which I initially attributed to Life causing me to grind my teeth more than usual.  Over the weekend, though, it began to give me trouble when I ate or drank anything cold (my dear Dr Pepper!).  It got to the point yesterday that I figured I'd better call and have someone look at it.

Long exam short, that back tooth has four cracks in it.  I'll be going back in two weeks to have a temporary crown put on.  Twinnie, we match one more time!

When I left the office, I saw this license plate on a car in the parking lot:
Daddy had a plate exactly like this one on his car.  It gave me the same feeling I get when I see a feather: that he's here, whispering in my ear, "Baby Doll, everything's gonna work out."

2 comments:

Kim in Oregon said...

I'm so happy infection didn't get in and you have to ahve it taken out. Then we'd really be twins again!

kathy b said...

Awe. lSo happy you got that message from your dad. Kim, all of us have heard different things. But, I"ve been told that crowns are a waste of money. If it is the last tooth on the bottom you can have it removed and not be concerned about replacing it with a implant. I recently had just those symptoms. My very last bottom tooth on the left was pulled and I am able to eat and drink anything now! I don't know your details though , but with 4 cracks, I can't see how you would be able to save the tooth. ANYHOW, i love those boots!

Look. . .

Someone (and you know who you are) said that my lion looks like a bear in a veterinary Elizabethan collar. And now I can't unseen it.