Friday, June 21, 2019

Steward

Hannah's two cats are here.  I've seen Little Bit maybe three times, seeing only her back half as she scurried away under something.  Klunk has found his Warm Place, and there he has stayed.

Hannah told me over and over how social the kitten is, how much she'd play with me.  It is bothering me to the point of distraction that I can't find her.  She is in my bedroom.  I know she hasn't gotten out.  But I absolutely cannot find her in there.  I don't want her to get stuck somewhere and me go on thinking she's just shy.  And even if I could find her, dragging her out from a place she's chosen wouldn't be good.  It's so stressful, and Hannah just added an extra week to their stay.  I'm mad and I'm worried.

Though you'd never know it by looking at Klunk, it's suffocatingly hot here.  There are only a few robust gardenias left --- most have been fried to a crisp.



2 comments:

Kim in Oregon said...

First, twinnie, I'm sorry it is hot there. And second I know how stressful it is to not find a cat. Our cat Mickey tore a hole in the lining of a box spring and would hide in there and she would be impossible to find. Our cat Jessie now has a few secret places that she'll just disappear to, and she'll make me crazy trying to find her, and then just quietly stroll out. I'm sure Lil Bit is fine and I'm sorry she's making you anxious. Deep breaths.

kathy b said...

Yikes. Can you get a feliway plug in? It may help...

The Shared Experience

When my college roommate knit her first scarf, it was a super-long Dr. Who number, all in garter.  She was so proud;  I was proud of and hap...