Sunday, May 12, 2019

Family

I'm still inching my way through and around the closet in Briton's room.  Yesterday, I found his baby album and scrapbook.  The first had this in it:
Spence Family Reunion, 1989.

I was going to post it on Facebook today, for the two mothers it shows, but since it doesn't have Hannah in it, I decided not to.  Things are so perilous between us right now, there's no need to give her something she thinks she can turn into "you'like-Briton-more-than-me" ammunition.

Briton was obviously, at this point, sick and tired of having his picture taken. that day  This I'll-look-a-different-way-than-everyone-else in a photo actually became a go-to bit with us.  All of us: him, me, Hannah.

He and I are the only people in this photo who are still alive.  That hit a little heavy.

1 comment:

kathy b said...

Oh Kim. You tread so softly. You are so good to your children. Prayers for you , you are a forgiving and wonderful mother.

Thursday Stuff

 If y'all want to waste, oh, I don't know, an entire afternoon, start watching airport arrests videos on YouTube.  I will warn you: ...