Monday, March 4, 2019

Projects, and Things in Which to Carry Them

This came in around my birthday, and I just realized it hadn't been posted here.  It's roomy, it's canvas and it's loved.  A friend since high school sent it to me out of the blue!

My Drea's Shawl is done:
Done only in garter stitch, it scarcely needs blocking, save for the side where the strands of yarn were carried up.  These are fun to make, and an excellent way to make a dent in that Sock Yarn Stockpile all knitters have.  Today I cast on for a vest out of grey tweed, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if another one of these found its way onto some needles.




3 comments:

Bridget said...

Oh your Drea's Shawl looks lovely! I have a lot of catching up to do. :-)

kathy b said...

Love your bag. Must check out DREA"s shawl pattern but garter and I tend to fight

kmkat said...

Drea's Shawl is now in my queue as a stashbuster for sock yarn leftovers. Thanks!

What I Heard

For (probably) longer than I should have, I thought that piece of furniture was a "chester drawers." I once went bed frame shoppin...