Wednesday, March 6, 2019

I Have Become One of Those People

A while back (and how I got there is unremembered), I came across weighted sleep masks to help with headaches.  As regular and as crippling as my headaches are, something that might possibly make a difference with them is worth a try.  So, I bought one.  
I already sleep with a bite plate for my TMJ (and related headaches), and it took a while to get used to it.  I wondered if it would take some time with a mask, but it didn't.  The sensation is like lying down with my glasses on.  It took no time to grow accustomed to.

But you know how it happens on the Internet.  You start out looking at one thing and wind up with half a dozen tabs open, wondering how you can fit them all into your time and, often, budget.  So sleep masks led to sleep sounds, and it turns out there is a slew of apps which can provide you with binaural beats and Delta and Theta waves and all sorts of sleep-helping sounds.

I now sleep each night wearing a mask, listening to sleep hypnosis sounds.

Make of that what you will.



3 comments:

Kim in Oregon said...

I listen to sleep sounds when I'm stressed (ocean waves). The times I've used a mask I've never had a problem with it. Whatever helps you, Twinnie, is the best.

kmkat said...

I consider what you have done as self-care. Glad it is helping!

kathy b said...

whatever works. Whatever!!! That mask looks divine

One

One video.