Monday, February 25, 2019

The Same Thing?

My son was over last night to watch the Academy Awards.  He loves award shows, and he and his housemate don't have TV, so he comes here.  Reading lots of Facebook and blog posts, I feel like we watched an entirely different show than other people. We thought no host worked very well, cutting out ridiculous opening numbers and "comedy" bits.  We were pleased with how quickly the show clipped along (3+ hours, I know, but just giving awards was such a relief.)  We adore Olivia Colman and thought her acceptance speech was charming and sincere and, maybe most important of all, refreshing.

Briton is the movie-watcher;  I've seen maybe half a dozen of the films that were nominated.  Still, we enjoy the whole spectacle of the thing and can be soo-hoo-per catty while watching the red carpet coverage.

2 comments:

Kim in Oregon said...

I think the only one I saw was "the Wife". Oh, and half an hour of "Black Panther."

kathy b said...

Oh love the last image. I liked that lots of movies won. I want to watch Period. End of sentence. I hear it is only 30 mins and excellent About time we had a movie about a period!

One

One video.