Saturday, December 8, 2018

Points of Light

I love Christmas lights.  Always have.  When I was growing up, they were relatively large bulbs, and they got hot as they burned.  More than one of my fingers has sizzled when putting a gift under the tree.

There was a family up the street from us who strung green lights along their roof every Christmas.  I thought it was the coolest.  One year, Daddy gave in to my asking and strung some along the front gutter.  Ours were multi-colored, so not as sweet as the Lewises', but we did it.

My next Greed List item is having someone come in and hang string lights all over the house as decoration.  Someone who is more clever and artistic than me.





2 comments:

Grace said...

I love that idea, and when they are done at your house please send them north to me, I always wanted fairy lights in the bedroom under the sheers!

kmkat said...

When said light-string person is done at your house, send them to mine, 'kay? We need all the lights we can get during this darkest time of the year. Aside about tiny lights: we were in the Mall of America last week. In every single atrium -- and there are dozens -- multiple 40-foot strings of fairy lights were dangling from on high. It was magical! And no, we did not buy a thing; we were there for Younger Son and I to visit the Apple store so I could pick up and handle the Macbook Airs and iPhones that are newer than mine. Happily, I decided that there was no particular need for a newer Air, and that an iPhone XR is probably what I should get next year.

One

One video.