Thursday, December 20, 2018

A Two-in-One

Sorry to have missed last night.  I honestly didn't realize that's what had happened.  Lots of over-the-counter medicines, lots of sniffing and blowing and coughing, lots of napping.

Sometimes when you're sick, sometimes when you're bedridden, you read.  My head, due to more than 3 days with over a 100-degree fever, and general sinus misery due to rain that started today, has ruled that out.  Assuming, though, that I will be able to read in the future, my Greed List entry from yesterday would have been
Promise Me, Dad by Joe Biden.  Not necessarily an autographed copy as pictured here, though that would be nice.

For my other wish. let me go back a whole bunch of years.  My 5th-grade year was spent in a Nashville public school.  Starting with 6th grade, I became a student at a private school, remaining until graduating in 1978.  One of the million things that school exposed me to was tennis.  It's safe, and accurate, to say that the sport swallowed me whole.  Watched it, read about it, played it.  (And played pretty well, to be honest.)  And although he and I are both 40 years older now, it would be an honor to --- as a wish --- hit a few balls with My Very Favorite, Stan Smith.

And, yes, I wear his shoes.  Did then, do now.

2 comments:

kathy b said...

I love Joe. Hope you feel better faster. Tennis, my ZACH just loves that sport. He played so much in Mexico. It is much harder and more expensive here.

Kim in Oregon said...

I love you still wear those shoes! My holiday wish is that you'll always be able to find them!

One

One video.