Tuesday, September 18, 2018

De-Brief

Stuff From During The Contests.

Look at these earrings!
There are some stunning photos of Lupita Nyong'o.

Here's another of her, that I wouldn't have been able to use unless she and Sir Ben wound up as winners:
(The "Jungle Book" photos of Kingsley and Elba were among my favorites this year.)

I mentioned The Mother of All Two-People-Together Photo, which --- again --- I was unable to use.  But how perfect would this have been?

When you start looking for them, there are actually a surprising number of two-in-one pictures.  Finding them is gold for me.  

This was the first year in the history of Knitters' Hunk that Mark Harmon wasn't in the field.  I don't think anyone else can claim that, unless you've been nominating from the beginning, Twinnie?

Black and white portraits are always my preference, but there weren't any to use this year.

Two of this year's winning nominators are non-knitters, which puts a little wrinkle in my preparing prize packages.  Thankfully, one of them is my cousin and the other is my best friend, so there are some handy replacement ideas.

Tap is turning out to be quite the handful --- well, sort of in general --- but particularly where my knitting is concerned.  He wants to chew on the needles.  He wants to play with the yarn balls.  And if and when I find him like this,
the instant I move to pick up a project, he has sprung into my lap.  Rupert pretty much stays like he is right there.

I hope you all had fun.  We'll get back together in February for KH and KC Classic, what do you say?




2 comments:

Kim in Oregon said...

I'm not sure how long I've been nominating him but it does seem like 100 years.

kathy b said...

As you know I love Lupita!!!!! She's so beautiful. Happy puppy . THings will get better. I suggest you ignore him when you are knitting. COMPLETELY. Put the leash on him and step on it if he gets up while you are knitting. He'll learn super fast

The Shared Experience

When my college roommate knit her first scarf, it was a super-long Dr. Who number, all in garter.  She was so proud;  I was proud of and hap...