Monday, February 18, 2019

Standard De-Brief

As regards the Classics contests:

There were two G. Kellys --- Grace and Gene.

I'm sure I've said this before, but finding photos of two nominees together is always such a joy.  Of course, in the Classics contests, it becomes a little more difficult.  In fact, finding photos of some nominees at all is sometimes a challenge.  (Hello, Sacagawea.)

Of course, Grace Kelly was one of three princesses in the KCC draw, along with Diana of Wales, and Leia Organa.

It was interesting that the two First Ladies in the draw met up in Round One.  One of them was my nominee, and looking for pictures of her, I discovered this:
She and JJ Watt (could he BE any cuter?) worked together for increasing literacy in Houston.

Also, in the First Round, we had JD versus DJ.  (James Dean vs. Davy Jones.)

When I adopted him, Tap's name was "Gene Kelly,"  Trying to come up with a different moniker, "James" was considered for a split-second.  He looks like a "James," and I think "James" is a very good name for a dog, but he then would have been "James Dean."  I decided to spare all of us that life-long ordeal.

When Fred Rogers and Margaret Hamilton showed up for the draws, I so wanted to have a chance to use one of these:
I remember this episode very clearly.  She seemed such a lovely woman.  The Wicked Witch never scared me the least little bit.  Munchkins, though, still send shivers along my spine.

It is always my intent to keep people from having to choose between their own nominees in Round One, but it's a free-for-all after that.  This time around, I had to pick between a couple of mine and I believe some of you did, too.  Apologies.

3 comments:

Kim in Oregon said...

Please remind me to nominate JJ Watt for KH next.

Bridget said...

The witch never bugged me, nor did the Munchkins. But oh those flying monkeys!

kathy b said...

Oh those photos are all so cool. I never thought about finding nominees together. That is so fun. I love Fred as you know! Am I missing a place where I can sign up so that when you post anew post I am notified? Im trying to do that with all my regulars

Who Could This Be?

Well, it's an animal, I'll give you that much of a clue.  But what kind  of animal?  You can leave guesses in the comments, and mayb...