Thursday, March 20, 2014

Long Division

For some reason, two of the three projects on my needles right now feature stripes.  First is this cowl/wrap 

in shades of blue and grey

Second, the Foolproof Cowl in Bernat Baby Jacquards "Macaroon."
I like baby yarns in general (they're very good for socks), and I really, really like these prints --- I've got skeins in just about every color.

Then, I finished up the Peeta wrap
A fun knit --- at one point, I realized I was working the wrong short-row repeat, but it really didn't matter.  Extra short rows provided more depth and character.  The sock yarn section is a very good use for a nice amount of leftovers.

I also have some stripe projects in mind for the future, but there's a story that goes along with them.  It will keep until another day.

1 comment:

kathy b said...

ohohh I LOVE the cowl wrap. LOve it

The Shared Experience

When my college roommate knit her first scarf, it was a super-long Dr. Who number, all in garter.  She was so proud;  I was proud of and hap...