Friday, March 14, 2014

Some Things Go Wrong, Some Things Go Right

The projects mentioned here the other day have all gone by the wayside, for various reasons, resulting in various degrees of frustration.  So, I cast this on:
I'm making it in green worsted with a green/lavender/blue/grey fingering yarn.  All the short rows were going so very well Wednesday that I worked on it most of the day.

Hannah came home yesterday, which necessitated my baking her favorite pie:
They came out spendidly.  They're called Jefferson Davis pies, but are very much like Chess pies.  And although the recipe is easily halved, I knew that having one around the house (and one that was going to be given away) was going to be too much to bear.

She and Briton did the consuming part while talking movies and video games:







1 comment:

kathy b said...

Looks like a fun time in the kitchen.. I will look up the recipe!

What I Heard

For (probably) longer than I should have, I thought that piece of furniture was a "chester drawers." I once went bed frame shoppin...