Scrolling

When your day didn't provide interesting blog fodder, go to your camera roll.

An article about toys we Baby Boomers Will Remember included

Now, I don't remember Bouffant Barbie here, but she is really cute, isn't she?

Twinnie and I just had a discussion about Spirograph.  This is the one that had the little straight pins to hold the plate in place.  We were wild and carefree back then.

Oh, man, I loved the Super Ball.  My friends and I would stand on the Alexanders' driveway (it was paved;  everyone else's was gravel.) and see who could get their Super Ball to bounce the highest.  

A quick word about packaging "back then."  Nothing flashy, nothing busy or over-bright.  Just a plain statement about what the thing is.  Well, and the groovy rainbow circle.  No UPC codes, either;   price stickers for us.  Or the prices stamped on in ink, with what pretty much just a big library stamper.

I hope none of these are AI modified, because I'd rather not encourage that.  Look, though, at the creativity and care.

I have absolutely no talent for things like this, but am so glad other people do.

And, I leave you with this.















Comments

Araignee said…
My first Barbie was the red haired bouffant Barbie. Of course, she would be the hardest one and most expensive one to find to add to my collection. I have no idea what happened to mine. I guess my mom pitched her. I did pay a small fortune for a blonde one a while ago. And yes, I do remember Spirograph. I had one but never could get the darn thing to work.

Popular posts from this blog

Lucy? Luna? Where Are You?

And It Has Been Eaten