Monday, July 22, 2024

Watermelon Man

Some of you may have seen the "thing" on the Internet where people put lemon juice on watermelon and rave on about how much better it makes the watermelon.  I have to have said here before that I have never liked watermelon, and how I've been low-key bullied about it all my life.  

"You don't like watermelon?  You weren't raised right."

"You don't like watermelon?  You just haven't had a really good one."

"Eat this watermelon.  Just a little bite.  I promise it'll change your mind."

Today at the grocery I bought a small bowl of pre-cut watermelon pieces and a bag of lemons and limes.  There's no recipe or order of operation: you squeeze the lemon on the watermelon and you're done.

It tastes like watermelon with lemon juice on it.


What's the deal?  I don't get it.  And I can't even feed the leftover watermelon* to Tap, because, if you go by Internet posts, he is the only dog in the world who doesn't like it.  Maybe he's commiserating.



*If reading posts had drinking games, and this one's word was " watermelon," you'd be hammered by now.

3 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

I am not a fan of watermelon either! Yes, I am picked on about it, too!

Bridget said...

I like watermelon. I like it even better with pepper on it.

But if you don't like watermelon, I see it as just meaning there's MORE for me!!

Araignee said...

As I've gotten older I don't seem able to eat fruit anymore. My taste buds have changed and it all seems too bitter. I just tried to eat a plum and it was like eating a Sour Patch Kid. I threw it away. Same with grapes. I can do melons, if they are ripe enough. I used to love bananas but they are like eating a lemon. I don't even like to see others eating fruit. I literally pucker up. This old age thing is really weird.