Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Taste

I'm unsure who invented sugar cookies, but I want to say thank you from the bottom of my chubby little heart.  Around 11 last night, the urge to bake hit me, and sugar cookies it was.  Still noshing today.

There were some errands that needed taking care of today, which meant braving The Heat.  I was surprised at the amount of traffic, but then, not everyone has air conditioning at home.  Being in a car or being in a store/restaurant/library/theater might be the only places where someone can find cool air.

The Lost Art of Dress keeps giving me wonderful tidbits.  For instance, a well-designed dress will cause the eye to sweep upward to the wearer's face.  That's where the emphasis should be, not the hips or waist or breasts or shoulders.  Of course, fabrics figure into this, allowing for flow and ease.  "Decorations" and/or jewelry can also interrupt.  But they can also enhance.  It's a lot of work.

3 comments:

Kim in Oregon said...

Yum cookies. I'm going to make peanut butter rice krispie treats with chocolate on them (kind of a rice krispie Reese's) this weekend and I don't even like peanut butter.

Araignee said...

Mmmmm......cookies! Sugar cookies are my favorite too. I always burn a batch for me. I like them toasty.

Delighted Hands said...

I'm a big fan of sugar cookies, too! You can see how it is so interesting to get lost in the art of fashion design!

FF

I originally went with the two effs because it's Framed Friday here. I finally got around to using one of the thrift store frames.  The ...