Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Speak!

 I came across a sentence reading today that said,

"Shakespeare made Hamlet say..."

That struck me. Writers make characters say things.  They have words give the characters agency.  It's obvious, simple I suppose, but that really hit me for some reason.

By the way, the words Shakespeare made Hamlet say were,

"My tablets!  Quick, my tablets!"

Of course, a modern nouveau production would, at this point, have Horatio run onstage with an iPad. 

Scarves are done here.  The heathered red one I'll show another time, but here is the Koigu.

I worked on weaving in ends this afternoon while listening to Briton's podcast --- hence the needle.  Here's what I have left to do.

About five feet.  Blocking is going to be WORK.


1 comment:

Araignee said...

What a spectacular feat of knitting! I spent the morning packing up all my knit things and trying to figure out a better way to organize them that makes sense.

Nice Day

Went to Atlanta for a postponed Mother's Day day today.   First stop:  H Mart .  Completely overwhelming.  We stuck to pre-packaged thin...