Science

In my high school, your Science requirement could be met by taking either Biology or Chemistry.  Chemistry didn't then, nor does it now, interest me.  Biology it was, therefore, and I loved it.  Our teacher, Mr. Bradley, was wonderful, even if he did occasionally call Shari and me by one another's name.

It should be said that I'm five or so inches taller than Shari.  She did not wear glasses, I did.  She is left-handed, I am right-handed.  We were both blonde, and always together, and always lab partners, but it still makes me smile that he often made that mistake.

Anyway, I was a Biology student when dissections were done on live frogs.  (They came in the mail, of all things, and their arrival was always sort of a big deal.  The "ribbits" filled the third floor hall.)  The actual dissection wasn't difficult for me, though I would ask Shari to get the frog from Mr. Bradley when he pithed it.  That was a bit too unpleasant for me.  And frankly, I found earthworm dissection much ickier than frog.

Working on "Starry Night Bunny," the part of the bunny's body and leg that I've done looks like a frog to me.  Hence, my Biology memories.

Comments

Delighted Hands said…
Yes, I remember well the arrival of frogs for biology classes!!!!
The stitching is looking beautiful-very detailed!
Araignee said…
I don't remember frogs but I do remember the fetal pigs we had in college. Turned me off meat forever.

Popular posts from this blog

Look. . .