Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Tiny Needles

Tiny needles, but not mine.  This set was made by my mother.  I wish she'd dated them.




I really like the green and gold in these.  And I'm a sucker for fiddler's cloth.

If you were thinking to yourself, "Gee --- what's there in the upper right corner?  Some sort of Abraham Lincoln thing?"

Why, yes.  His death mask and casts of his hands.  I've long said, if the house were on fire, and I was sure all the heartbeats were safe, these are what I'd save.


2 comments:

Kim in Oregon said...

Your mom's tiny needlework is precious in so many ways (i guess my Aunt's?) and where on earth did you find the Lincoln things?

Araignee said...

Your mom left you some lovely pieces. Mine left me some too. I think. I have two of what I think are hers, they came off her walls but I might have stitched them for her....lol. I can't remember a thing anymore. I wish I had written all this down.
Your Lincoln casts are wild. How cool are they? I live in the area where all the drama surrounding his assassination took place. My mom was fascinated by it all and drug me to the Surrat's house many times to look over the artifacts and to pick up some books on the subject.

First Nose, Then Fish

As cute as the entire piece is, I doubt that any part of the Starry Night Bunny will enchant me more than this single stitch in peach: Look ...