Saturday, April 6, 2024

Friday Completely Random Thoughts

Checked on Shari when I learned about the earthquake --- she said she didn't feel a thing.  Almost simultaneously, we each said, "That hardly seems fair!"

Tap prefers fish and seafood to beef, turkey, and chicken.  You know, all the things dogs are "supposed to eat."  (He lucked into a home with two cats.)  Hos Woof Pack this month featured a bag of freeze-dried sardines.  Whole sardines.  He loves them, but I cannot bear to look at them.  Their little silver eyes. . .  I've heard that the head of the fish is considered a delicacy, but I've never had one.  Because of, you know, the eyes.

If you're in Athens in mid-July, you're invited to the library to hear my son and his podcast tri-hosts discuss the films of Christopher Nolan:



1 comment:

Araignee said...

I was sitting on my couch knitting with a cup of tea when the 2011 Washington DC earthquake happened. It was one of the most terrifying moments of my life. The house was rolling and rocking and I couldn't get my footing to get out. I tumbled down the stairs with two old dogs under my arms and lay in the grass out front until it stopped. I couldn't get up. I lay there watching the chimney sway back and forth in what seemed like a long nightmare. I don't know how the folks in California do it. I didn't sleep for a week after. It was horrible. I was up in Frederick yesterday babysitting the Grand and didn't feel a thing up. Thank goodness.

Here's My Decision

 That slub yarn I posted?  I've decided what to do with it.  Thank you, Noro Magazine. I realize it's just a long loop of a scarf, b...