Friday, March 8, 2024

One

Today, I feel like one more sneeze or one more blow of my nose will plunge me headlong into a cold.  Keeping the ColdCalm close at hand.

Hannah likes seaweed and other Asian foods, drinks and snacks, so I put together a snack box for her for Christmas.  Doing so, of course, fit me into every Asian food business algorithm online.  Today, one popped up that led to me click through to the site, and scrolling through the site brought me to these:


Now, look, I don't begrudge almost anyone's food choices.  In fact, the chicken feet took me back to my paternal grandmother, as that was her favorite part of the chicken.  (Though it's extremely  unlikely she made hers with a hot & sour lemon braise.)

No, it's the duck tongue that caught my eye.  My first thought was that a duck tongue couldn't possibly be very filling.  While contemplating that, I looked more closely at the package's graphics.  Again, if you or anyone in your life circle enjoys duck tongue, this is not a slam on you or them.  For me, though, that's a hard, hard no. It just looks, well, icky.  And if you think maybe you should look up actual pictures of actual edible duck tongues, to see if the package is accurate, don't.  And it is.

1 comment:

Lora said...

Years ago I travelled in Taiwan for work and part of work was going to the local bars with our distributors. Duck tongues were like peanuts at the bar (along with what looked like flash fried guppies - very salty). The duck tongues were fine, not necessarily something I would seek out but they weren’t bad.

So Picky

It appears that a couple of my pets are ichthyosnobs.  Tap's fondness for sardines has been covered here, as I think, has Maddie's a...