New Things

 So many people (and news outlets and the bookish and music apps, ad infinitum) have end-of-year lists.  I've never partaken, but for some reason I kept a record of what books I read and what I knit in 2023.  I don't know that it will become a habit, but it's a new thing and it was kind of fun.

I finished 15 knit projects and 37 books this year.  Both paltry, puny efforts, I understand, but my efforts and I stand by them.

My favorite FO is probably the Wingspan I just posted about, but the one I'm happiest about is a purple rollneck pullover.  There aren't any specific knitting goals for 2024.  If I make things that I truly enjoy making, it will be a win.

Book-wise, my favorite was The Promise and The Dream, about the lives and many life parallels of Robert Kennedy and Martin Luther King, Jr.  It instantly jumped onto my Favorite Books Ever list.

The best biography/autobiography-wise was probably Dr. King's autobiography.  Ava Gardner's My Story was the most fun.  

Another thing new to me is Uncrustables.  I'm 63 years old, I sent 2 children through school, and had never had one until today.  Schools provided month-long menus, and days when there was nothing they wanted to eat were few.  Still, they each took a lunch sometimes, but no Uncrustables.

Hannah has a few young co-workers, and Uncrustables were apparently a staple with a lot of them.  She said they are really good, so I thought I'd give them a shot.  Especially after seeing that peanut butter and honey was an option.

They are good!  A lot of you might have known this already, but I'm glad to head into the new year with some new knowledge.

Comments

Dee said…
Steve keeps peanut butter and honey crackers in his car for when he is out on a long fire call. My blog sugar dropped while we were out the other day and I snacked on a few. OH MY WORD! They are dangerously delicious!

Popular posts from this blog

Look. . .