When Holiday Planning Goes Slightly Awry

Probably not the best idea to have dental implant surgery the day before Thanksgiving, but you have to go when the office schedules you.

 The abutment is in, and it hurts.  Since placing it involved drilling into the maxilla*, I shouldn't be surprised.  The pain isn't just in my mouth, but radiates up into my skull.  As if I don't have enough headaches already.


I'll see my children at Christmas, which means I get to wear a comfy sweatshirt today, parked in front of football on TV.  And mashed sweet potatoes aren't the worst thing to have when chewing is compromised.




*Yes, I did have to look it up.

Comments

Kim in Oregon said…
Well at least it is all done? or do you need to get the fake tooth put in (which should be a piece if cake)?
kmkat said…
I am so sorry for all the pain and inconvenience you have had to endure with that tooth. But consoling yourself with mashed sweet potatoes sounds like a great idea! :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Look. . .