It's Knitting That Brings Me Here

 So, craft-wise, I've mined Ravelry. First up, That Nice Stitch in some bulky weight I had in one of my stash boxes.

A deep, warm burgundy.

Not yet cast on, but on the horizon, the Whole Gang Gaiter from a couple of leftover skeins.

The shrug I've been working on is languishing.  I do have the front and back of my green sweater on the blocking board.  The sleeves should make it on there tomorrow.

This isn't knitting, but it's most certainly knitting-adjacent:

I have never been able to make a decent pom-pom.  Since I scarcely ever put them on hats, my best chances for practicing fall away.  Still, I found a pom-pom maker a while back (thrift store, maybe?) and broke it out today.  I'm satisfied.  The reason to even practice is my decision to use pom-poms on Christmas gifts this year instead of ribbons.  I'll need to start churning out some reds, greens and whites.

Comments

Dee said…
The pom-pom looks pretty good.
Kim in Oregon said…
Great idea for Christmas gifts! And I like that 'nice stitch' cowl.
kmkat said…
A pom-pom maker makes all the difference!

Popular posts from this blog

Look. . .