Ever Have a Week Like This?

I've had lots to do this week, ending with a doctor's appointment today.  Every day, I've had to be sure everything was together for what was coming up.  As of this afternoon, though, I am done.  For this week.  Nothing on tap (unless you want to count avoiding UGA Homecoming goings-on.)  It's such a freeing feeling.  Let's hope I can make good use of the lack of schedule for the next couple of days.

For his annual birthday trip this year, Briton is leaving for Nashville tomorrow.  I am so very, very envious.  We've switched cars for the occasion, so I'm driving his little push-button Prius.  It's near enough to its next scheduled maintenance that he was a little uneasy about taking it, so it's mine for the next few days.  I've always been able to get comfortable in new cars quickly, so that aspect of it isn't a problem.  The size difference is major, of course, but not troubling.  The facts, though, that it is a push-button start, makes scarcely any sound at all (it's a hybrid). and a key isn't necessary to open the door, are all fun.


















 

Comments

Dee said…
Have a good (and restful) weekend.
I accidentally pressed the radio button instead of the ignition in my pushbutton-start car a few years ago... and it just sat idling in the parking lot for 8+ hours!!
Kim in Oregon said…
We had a previous for a few years, primarily for Tim's commute to Corvallis. I rarely remembered how to start it, but I did like driving it! I would say about a fourth of the Eugene cars were Priuses (Priui?). There became an issue where people would steal catalytic converters from them in the middle of the night--it happened in our immediate neighborhood multiple times. Luckily, ours was parked on a slopey driveway which made it difficult to steal.
kmkat said…
Our Hyundai hybrid makes a lovely humming noise when it is running on battery, when I am backing out of the garage, for example. I think it's A above middle C.

Popular posts from this blog

Look. . .