Old Times, Present Times

Why do we "watch" TV, but "see" movies?

Last night, I watched one of my favorite movies: "Metropolis".  ("Watched," because I played the DVD through my television.)  It mesmerizes me every time.

We have always made lists in this house;  it's always been a pastime.   Favorite Songs, Best Books, Favorite Restaurants. . .  Last week, Briton and I talked about "comfort movies," and the first thing that came to mind for me was the Marx Brothers.  Movies I have the DVDs for, can play, and know I will enjoy, more than receiving actual comfort from.  "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead" is one.

Even movies, though, have fallen short in the past week or so.  Very down stretch of days.  I'm part of the last sleeve away from finishing my two-tone sweater and haven't picked up the needles.  Kind of plodding through the Gardner books.  The only thing that has any appeal is sleeping, which is not a good sign for me, mental-health-wise.  White knuckle time, y'all.

 

Comments

Kim in Oregon said…
Is it the change of seasons? I don't know what's up with me but I'm short with everyone and annoyed with everything.

Popular posts from this blog

Look. . .