What It Is

 Is collaging.  I'm dipping myself into collages, and Kim has helped get me on my way by sending me some supplies.  There are a few things I already know about how this is going to go:

1.  I'm going to be extra hard on myself if things aren't positioned or glued perfectly.  Silly, but me.

2.  Words are going to be important to me.  Cutting them out whole, or letter by letter, or drawing them myself.

3.  The cutting things out is going to be My Favorite Step.  It's simple: I love cutting things out.  Always have.  

Despite that enthusiasm, I don't always cut really true straight lines, so I figured I should get one of those sliding cutters.  Checked prices, decided to hold off for a minute, then found this on a Goodwill run:


I actually went to get books I could use for pictures and text, which I found, but this was completely unexpected.  I also found a holder for my pens and pencils:

It's a good start for less than $8.

Comments

Kim in Oregon said…
OH I love that you bought that cutter! You will use it a lot!!!
Small envelope on the way.
Love that you want to do words too!
Love that you love cutting out.
Oh, have FUN!! Collage is one of my favorite things... and I'm itching!

Popular posts from this blog

Look. . .