Sunday, November 13, 2022

Sense

I was boiling some chicken for Tap, having forgotten that there were some toothpicks under the burner I was using.  (Yes, burners.  It's an old stove.)  I had knocked the box of toothpicks that stays on the stove over reaching for one to see if my baked-a-couple-of-days-ago pound cake was done.  I hadn't realized that I'd missed a couple as I cleaned up.  The errant ones began to burn, and there has been the lingering scent of a wood fire in the kitchen since.

It's nice.

2 comments:

Kim in Oregon said...

I wasn't expecting those last two words, but glad that it is a pleasant ending!

kmkat said...

That is one tiny thing to be grateful for! (Also that your house didn't burn down.)

Oh My Goodness

 My daughter just sent me to the  American Dream Nut Butter  site. (She has always been able to discover THE coolest things.)  On a lark, I ...