Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Rickman

Since it was released, I've received copies of Alan Rickman's book from two people.

One thing that I've thought since learning that the book was going to be published has been "How sad that there will be no audiobook version."

Another thing is that, before Dale was diagnosed, I had never heard of pancreatic cancer.  Since then, it seems to be kind of common.  Now, whether there are actually more cases of it being diagnosed, or whether my ears are just more sensitive to it, I don't know.  I think there are diary entries in Rickman's book pretty deep into his illness --- it will be so sad to read about his journey, and remember ours.





 

2 comments:

Kim in Oregon said...

More (sad) twinning--my beloved Uncle Joe died of pc too.

And--I did read this book. There's almost nothing about his illness in it. It's an odd book, really. Mostly snippets and very short thoughts. Nothing hugely introspective.

I did like it though.

kmkat said...

I learned of pancreatic cancer when my dad died of it. You probably know this, but it is seldom diagnosed before reaching stage.

Speak!

 I came across a sentence reading today that said, "Shakespeare made Hamlet say..." That struck me. Writers make characters say th...