Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Phew

We made it out of yesterday without democracy exploding.  Imploding?  Whichever, most everything seems to still be standing.

Of course, there were wins that frustrated, angered, even disgusted me.  The re-election of the governor here is one of those.  Pennsylvania buoyed me, though.  I hadn't realized how intensely invested I was in the Shapiro and Fetterman campaigns until last night.  

I stayed up all night, as I had to get Madeleine to the vet crazy early this morning to have an all-day glucose curve run.  That, on top of having gotten up in the middle of the night to see the lunar eclipse, has me extremely weary today.  Nothing on tap tomorrow, though, so hopefully I can catch up on some sleep.

Before I go:



The cluster of blue counties sort of top left center is the Atlanta metro area.  That one little blue triangle-y "island" to the right of Atlanta is where we are.  A little blue county in a mostly red state.

1 comment:

Dee said...

Good luck with your run-off.

Our state representative for our district still has not been conceded by the Republican incumbent. Nor has the governorship, although it is blatantly obvious that Fetterman won.

But, for the most part, things went well in my opinion. My district still has a Republican in the House, but the Dems won the Senate.

Oh My Goodness

 My daughter just sent me to the  American Dream Nut Butter  site. (She has always been able to discover THE coolest things.)  On a lark, I ...