Saturday, October 1, 2022

Stuff and Things

 Happy October!  Like Bridget, this marks the beginning of my favorite stretch of months.  Hello, Fall and Winter.


We've had a couple of windy days here, and we are far away from where Ian was.  As much as I'd love to have a house on a beach, that type of weather, and its increasing frequency, keep me from making a real move toward that end.

I did find some of those "Books Everyone Should Read" and "Movies Everyone Should See" lists, and I didn't fare too well on either.  Of course, my final total depended entirely on what list I was looking at.  Still, I've seen more of the movies than I've read the books, which truly surprised me.  Also, a significant number of the books that I have read I read as assignments in Middle or High School.  I've also read the three Lord of Rings books, only because I took a class on them in college.

Twinnie asked if I read Crime and Punishment for fun.  I doubt it, and yet I don't remember exactly why I did.  Probably because I saw it on a "Best" list and thought I'd give it a shot.

Also, I haven't read a single Jane Austen or Bronte book.  Well, I know for sure about the former and am almost positive about the second.  If anything, I've read Wuthering Heights, but cannot say for absolutely sure.

Watching lots of football.  Doing a little knitting.  Working on a purple rollneck sweater and a little shawlette.  Mostly, though, in perfect honesty, I'm playing Word Wars on my phone.  




1 comment:

Kim in Oregon said...

I think you should try a little Austen and a little Bronte (and I must admit I have never, ever made it all through Wuthering Heights, although I do know all the words to the Kate Bush song so there's that).

Who Could This Be?

Well, it's an animal, I'll give you that much of a clue.  But what kind  of animal?  You can leave guesses in the comments, and mayb...