Thursday, October 27, 2022

Peccadillos

"Peccadillo" is a word I learned from Johnny Carson.  I have no specific memory of what was happening on a particular show, but every single time I have ever heard or read it, muscle learning memory kicks in and says, "Carson."

If I have closed captioning on while watching a true crime show, it makes me crazy to read, "A grizzly discovery."  A bear found something?  Something of a bear's was found?  "Grisly," people.

Do not get me started on misplaced apostrophe's.

(See what I did there?)

Nor on people putting emphasis on the wrong word when reading or speaking, either.

(I did it again.)

Not a peccadillo, just something weird.  In my e-mail inbox today, a message from "Orgasms."  No, I didn't click through.  The mind reels at possible content, though, huh?

No comments:

Kim is Frustrated

My regular lawn guy usually starts service in April.  For a reason he explained to me quite poorly, he wasn't going to start until "...