Monday, September 19, 2022

I'm Up, I'm Up

It was one of those things where I could  have gotten in a quick nap before the coverage of the Queen's funeral began, but I thought I'd just stay awake.  I got quite a bit of knitting done, got the latest jigsaw puzzle going --- you know, the types of accomplishments of night owls.

Then, though, I began to flag.  Hello, Dr Pepper.  Or two.  Or, maybe, three.  I watched it all.  I ricocheted among networks when anchors' incessant chatter was too much to abide.  (Honestly, silence on the air is allowable.  Stop talking,)  

So here I am with my KC notes.  Let's begin, shall we?

When Bill Nighy showed up in last year's contest, it made me quite happy, as I think he's rather divine.  It was nice to know a lot of other people knew him and appreciated him, too.  (Fact Obscura: he delivers one of my All-Time Favorite Movie Lines in "The Young Visiters.")

This year, there were a couple of people who got no votes at all in their first match-up.  None.  That had never happened before, and I did have to wonder where the people who nominated them were.

This year, I wasn't able to use black and white photos, which I like to do.  The pairings just didn't work out that way.  I was also unable to find any pictures of the two candidates in a given pair together, which I've been able to fairly often in the past.  As it turns out, Doris Kearns Goodwin and Jason Momoa were never at the same event at the same time. 

Can I say here that the Kearns Goodwin / Momoa match-up provided maybe the most difficult search for pictures?  Doris often appears in front of full, oaken bookshelves, while Jason, well, doesn't.  I'm pretty sure that both of them would find humor in their pairing;  they both seem to "get it."

In the shallow end of the contest pool, let me say that when Momoa and Chris Evans came together in the semifinals, it did cross my mind that photos of each of them shirtless was a possibility.  I'll leave you to do your own research there.  

I always feel compelled to tell you who I nominated.  1) Chris Evans.  2) Jason Momoa.  3) Tea Leoni.  4) Robert Redford.  5) Isabella Rossellini.  6) Rashida Jones.

And that's a wrap.  And here comes a nap.











No comments:

Look. . .

Someone (and you know who you are) said that my lion looks like a bear in a veterinary Elizabethan collar. And now I can't unseen it.