Sunday, April 24, 2022

Weird

"Curious," "eccentric," "strange," "funky," "odd," "mysterious," "unnatural."  (My Desert Island Book is a thesaurus.  Seriously.)

It has been a weird weekend.  There's been this simmering headache, first of all.  It's stayed low-key but will remind me it's there every now and again.  Ordinarily, my headaches just scream their entrances and never turn down the volume.  Who knew I was still capable of one like this?  🤷

Yesterday, I had the strong urge to call my mother.  Even though it's been over ten years since she died, there was just this "Call Mama" message going through my head.  Not it a sad or desperate way, just matter-of-fact.  We spoke every Saturday at least, so maybe it was something to do with that?  Nothing was or had been going on that I would have called her to talk about when she was alive, just that thought going through my head.  Maybe because Friday was Daddy's birthday?  I don't know.  Odd.  Just odd.


 

3 comments:

Bridget said...

Every once in a while, I wish I could call my mom to let her know about something and /or tell her a funny story. And she's been gone for 30+ years, so I guess there's always a part of you that thinks of doing that.

Ugh. The headache. Allergy season is well underway here, and even though I have meds to take, they do nothing for the ongoing, dull, headache.

Kim in Oregon said...

Twinster twinning again as I had the low level headache too. I'm trying to drink more water, just in case. SEnding you love and healing vibes from Snippets, Oregon (although it might need to be renamed Snippets-by-the-Sea)

kathy b said...

Wow Kim, I often awake to thinking about how I need to ca11 my sweet mom. Then I rea1ize I cannot. SO I ta1k to her anyhow. Sunday Morning Tv Show ran a piece about a man who put a phone on a tree in the woods. He had a need to ca11 his be1oved. Before he knew it there were 1ines of peop1e waiting to use the phone. What a common fee1ing we have ...

Kim is Frustrated

My regular lawn guy usually starts service in April.  For a reason he explained to me quite poorly, he wasn't going to start until "...