Monday, March 28, 2022

Full Day

Spent the first half of yesterday with Daughter, second half with Son.  I have photos only of the first half, and will share a few at a time.

Hannah and I went to the Center for Puppetry Arts in Atlanta.  If you're ever in Atlanta, do yourself a favor and go.  We have gone many, many, many times and have always loved it.

There are two distinct parts of the Center --- one for Jim Henson's work, one for puppetry around the world.  The deck is heavily stacked for other exhibits to be My Favorite, but this one blew me away:

A minotaur string puppet.  He is fantastic.

Nearby, though. . .  What can I say?
CROW and SERVO.  We spent a lot of time with them.  We could have become on-the-spot docents.  Ask us anything at all.  Anything.



 The day's second half was watching the Oscars ceremony with Briton.  At the time it happened, I said that the whole thing should have been shut down after the Best Supporting Actor award.  It was the most perfect award acceptance speech, the most perfect set of award moments I've ever seen.  If you missed it, I hope you can find it online somewhere.  Briton and I were both in tears.

Turns out that everything really would have been better if it had stopped there.  I'm looking at you, Will Smith.


No comments:

Thrills are Sometimes Small

 Y'aaaall.  I got some Christmas crafting paper today and  my nails are nice and long. It's a nice day.