Friday, December 10, 2021

Sad and Happy

Michael Nesmith has died, and my heart is more than a little broken.  Mike was my guy.  My friends and I were the perfect targets for Monkees marketing, and we all fell hard:  most of them for Davy, a scattered few for Peter, and me for Mike.  (Sorry, Micky.)  I'm sadder than I had imagined myself being.

I'll go with the music-ish theme for today's decoration.  Hannah has always loved this one.

It plays a medley of Christmas carols, and the lamp and lantern all light up.  Again, we've had it for so many years that, though the music still plays, it's scratchy and the volume is completely unpredictable.  Yet, it's one of those decorations that goes in the same place every year.  If it's not there, everything seems off.



1 comment:

Kim in Oregon said...

I was sad to read of his death today.

Thrills are Sometimes Small

 Y'aaaall.  I got some Christmas crafting paper today and  my nails are nice and long. It's a nice day.