Monday, September 13, 2021

After-Action Report

A good subtitle for the contest would have been "The Running of The Jasons."  (Bateman, Momoa, Sudeikis)

Matching photos was surprisingly non-stressful this year, mostly because forbad myself to spend hours (yes, plural) looking for good ones. 

The trickiest photo pairs were between one nominee who seems to smile all the time and one nominee who seems to not smile all time.  LOTS of pairs put me in that jam.


One of my favorite match-up picture sets was Jason Bateman vs. Prue Leith.  It looked like they were each giving the other a skeptical side-eye.

I liked the Scottish poetry of McGregor vs. McTavish.  And, yes, I tried to have photos of both of them in kilts.  The way CrowdSignal formats photos, though, none of the pictures would come through clearly.

Nicolaj Coster-Waldau's last name is fun to type.  His first name, not so much.

Somewhere, there are black and white portraits of every nominee, allowing me to use them in the contest.  This is my hope.

I'm still working on a name for the bowl.  As the successor to The Fedora of Fate, it deserves something special.




2 comments:

Kim in Oregon said...

Chalice of Chance

kathy b said...

I say you use a KFC bag. Winner winner Chicken Dinner

One

One video.