Monday, July 5, 2021

Sorting

Every now and again, I get the urge to sort and winnow things.  This weekend, that urge hit, and physical (paper) knitting patterns, earrings, and fingernail polishes were up.

I didn't set out to sort through the patterns, but in looking for hat patterns, I decided to give it a go.  Not many got pulled out, so I'm apparently in a Very Good patterns place.

Earrings definitely needed thinning, as those odd ones that were put aside because "One day the other one will show up" got dumped.  Also, since we're all friends here, I can confess that in the back of my mind was the idea that getting rid of some earrings means I can conceivably buy some new ones.

The nail polishes demanded the heaviest lifting.  The polishes too thick to apply evenly were out.  The ones that, somehow, had been repeated were set aside.  Overall, I have the most colors in the purple range, which should surprise no one.  Surprising to me, though,, was how many red/brown clay tones I have.  I'm obviously drawn to the burnts: umber, sienna, orange.  I'd never have thought it, but there they were.

1 comment:

Mereknits said...

I think you definitely deserve more earrings after your sorting. It always feels good to get things on their way if you don't need them anymore. Stay safe.

Look. . .

Someone (and you know who you are) said that my lion looks like a bear in a veterinary Elizabethan collar. And now I can't unseen it.