Friday, July 30, 2021

A Smattering of Scattered Thoughts

 I just can't with kombucha.  I understand it's good for you, and I've tried a few different kinds, but


Seen on a recent walk,  either one large footprint or one large unicycle tire:



"Good morning" is the only time of day greeting that sounds alright.  "Good afternoon" sounds snooty, and "Good evening" sounds like a vampire.
 
Do people in China try to dig through to America?  (Thanks to Meredith and Little Buddy for getting me to think about that.)

The other day, I made a rack of dry rub ribs and tried a new cornbread recipe.  It was the most accomplished I've felt in a while.

Do snakes move by pulling themselves from the front or pushing themselves from the back?

I love fire trucks.

Why was it named double "U"?  It's clearly double Vs.

Until a couple of weeks ago, I had no idea that there was such a thing as romanesco.
Today, I learned that it's quite tasty on pizza.











4 comments:

Kim in Oregon said...

Kombucha plays a role in my second Alpaca Farm cozy mystery. I can't with it either. And en enspanol (where's my tilda?) the word is 'doble-v' so great minds Twinnie.

Mereknits said...

You made me really think about all this. Why do they call it a driveway, when really you aren't driving very far on it?

Mereknits said...

And a parkway is where you actually drive!

Crafty in the Med said...

A quite thought provoking post. Actually W is pronounced double V in Spanish so why not in English. I am sure you were dying to know that LOL! Keep well Amanda x

Look. . .

Someone (and you know who you are) said that my lion looks like a bear in a veterinary Elizabethan collar. And now I can't unseen it.