Tuesday, June 15, 2021

My Mind Turns Toward. . .

. . .1) staying cool.  It's only June;  I realize it's going to get worse.  Still, it's uncomfortable for me, bad for my heat headaches, and unhappy-making for Tap, as our walks are infrequent and abbreviated.

On one of our walk routes is this mimosa tree:

There was a mimosa at the foot of our driveway when I was growing up --- it was my friends' and my favorite and best climbing tree.  Seeing one always makes me happy.

. . .2) KH and KC prizes.  I keep a box in the dining room, and as I find things that will make a good prize, I toss them in.  The box is filling up.  

. . .3) revisiting the possible renaming of KH ("Knitters' Hunk," for those of you who might not know) and KC ("Knitters' Chick.")  "Knitting Companion" keeps coming to mind but makes me think of "Motorman's Helper,"  therefore becoming an instant non-starter.

. . .4) the fact that this is as close as I'm ever going to come to having a garden (and a green thumb): flower seeds in porch planters.






 

2 comments:

Kim in Oregon said...

You are way way in front of me regarding gardening. I like Knitters Companion !

Crafty in the Med said...

Weather seems to have gone crazy this side of the pond. Storm after storm and now the heat hits in. I just know how you feel! I really should be used to it after living here so long! I have had to stop my walks mid mornings and go at night...hunting for the cool breezes. Tap looks adorable :-) keep well Amanda x

So Picky

It appears that a couple of my pets are ichthyosnobs.  Tap's fondness for sardines has been covered here, as I think, has Maddie's a...