Friday, June 11, 2021

I Think It's Safe Now

I've finished two projects and will show them to you now.

A pair of socks with muted colors and stripes:

Don't know the yarn;  y'all know I'm bad about that.  It's soft and cotton.

An asymmetrical poncho/shawl with which I am really, really pleased.  The point, by the way, is to be worn on the side, but that's hard to capture in a photo.

One thing which displeases me is that you can't see the shimmery thread that runs through and along with the yarn.  If you use your imaginations, and maybe squint just right, you can make it out in this filtered photo (on the left.)

"Shimmer," by the way, is a favorite word of mine.

I'm also still making thank-you hats.  Depending upon the pattern, of course, I can start and finish one during a hockey game.  (What?  You don't tell time using sports?)

A quick note from my astrology app before I go.  Among today's "Do's" were sweatpants (do leggings count?) and drinking water.  A "Don't": dishes in the sink.

Oooops.










 

4 comments:

Kim in Oregon said...

Love both, but especially the socks!

kayT said...

Dishes in the sink? Isn't that what dishwashers are for, hiding dishes? :)
I wish I could see the shimmer. But it's still pretty.

kathy b said...

I love the socks and their subtle color shifts. I love them KIM.
I look in my crystal ball and see: cowboy boots and the shawl being worn together this fall!

Mereknits said...

Both your projects are wonderful well done!

One

One video.