Saturday, February 6, 2021

Shock

Yesterday I rewatched "The Fisher King" because I hadn't seen it in a while, and the performances in it are simply astounding.  One of the main characters is played by Amanda Plummer, one of my favorite actresses.  I opened up my phone to text Briton and gush about the film, and was confronted with the news that Amanda's father had died.


I honestly lost my breath for a second and then sat staring for a couple of minutes.  I don't know when Christopher Plummer hit my radar, but it was many, many years ago, and he never left it.  What a sad day.

 

2 comments:

Mereknits said...

So many deaths this year already. He was indeed a wonderful actor. Stay safe.

kathy b said...

Such a loss. Even though we don't know them they are in us, in a inspiring way. Im so sorryKim

So Picky

It appears that a couple of my pets are ichthyosnobs.  Tap's fondness for sardines has been covered here, as I think, has Maddie's a...