Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Trust Us. We Know.

Here on the ground in Georgia, we know these Senate run-off elections are important.  We see your TV trucks and on-camera reporters and know y'all are all watching.  We've been voting today, and in the days and weeks prior.  We get it.

We also know how glad we'll be when it's all over.  When the satellite dishes and microphones and invasions are gone.  Because --- and believe me on this --- we are tired of the questions.  We're tired of being reduced to poll numbers.  We're tired of the TV spots.  (Dear lord, are they endless.  ENDLESS.)  We're tired of the calls, whether robo- or actual-human-.  We're tired of folks knocking on our doors and getting our dogs all riled up.  (Okay, maybe that last one is mostly about me.)

We know.  We've done all we can.  Now we wait.

1 comment:

kathy b said...

Know that all of the country is hyper aware of the promise that Georgia can hold! I can't imagine all the rhetoric , then ads, etc etc. Wishing for the results you know we want!

Oh My Goodness

 My daughter just sent me to the  American Dream Nut Butter  site. (She has always been able to discover THE coolest things.)  On a lark, I ...