Wednesday, January 27, 2021

The Throwing Up of Hands

It's been a bit of a day.

Tap has been a pill.  He has asked and asked to go outside, but when we'd get out there, he's just sit down.  Or sniff around the driveway for a bit before turning to come back inside.

My dryer has been acting up.  I can only wash tiny loads in my camping washing machine, so it can't be from being overloaded.  Now, I have absolutely no desire to start going back to the laundromat, much less have to think about replacing two major appliances.  Because. . .

. . . I also had to call the heating company again.  Same problem as before: no response at all from the furnace.  This time, though, it turned out to be a slightly simpler fix.  The filter was full enough that air couldn't pass through as easily as it's supposed to, causing an automatic shutdown.  Also, a couple of joints of duct pipe needed to be replaced.  I did learn, however, that burning candles can clog up your furnace filters.  I was sure all the animal hair was the source of the problem, but, no. 

Then, washing dishes tonight, I suddenly felt water through my socks.  I thought maybe I had just splashed some water out of the sink, but of course not.  There's a leak under the sink.  I think I know what it is (the nozzle faucet hose thing), and I've got a towel under there to see if anything else seeps out.  Now, I don't know what to do if that is the problem, but here I am.

So, I've eaten two bowls of ice cream (after successfully losing 9 pounds in the last week and a half), and I'm going to bed.


 

2 comments:

kathy b said...

Kim

You lost all that weight in 2 weeks? WOW. Im sorry Tap and the water tap are both big problems right now. Covid threats are enough . Throw in a heating issue and needing a plumber......IM SO SORRY!!!!

Kim in Oregon said...

When it doesn't rain...it does everything else. Sorry Twinster.

Look. . .

Someone (and you know who you are) said that my lion looks like a bear in a veterinary Elizabethan collar. And now I can't unseen it.